How Virtual Meetings Improve Productivity, Efficiency & Collaboration
You know running a successful business requires much more than just offering a great product or service. It takes constant engagement and collaboration between all of your employees to produce the best results. And it requires your best effort to remain competitive in a crowded marketplace. Collaboration between employees used to mean lots of daily and weekly meetings. However, with many individuals now working from home, we’ve had to adopt virtual meetings. Fortunately, because of this change, companies are rethinking old-school meetings and moving towards a more productive method. We think this change isn’t only beneficial now, but something we should continue as we move forward from this crisis.
Keep reading to learn how you can take the long, boring meetings of the past and transform them into collaborative, valuable brainstorming sessions.
The Benefits of Virtual Meetings
In the past, long hours stuck in the meeting room often wind up taking a toll on productivity. This loss of productivity is quite often negatively reflected in a company’s bottom line.
The good news is that modern technology now provides an alternative to the traditional meeting: virtual meetings. The current work-from-home environment has forced many organizations to use virtual meetings. But virtual meetings will be beneficial even when employees move back into the office.
Conducting meetings online not only saves employees travel time and the expense of attending a meeting in person, but quality virtual meeting software provides the tools that make hosting a meeting more convenient and more efficient than ever before.
Virtual Meetings with Microsoft Teams
In the past, many companies would avoid online meetings because they were complicated to set up, time-consuming to maintain, riddled with technical problems, and expensive to purchase. But now there are no more excuses. From Zoom to Microsoft Teams, there are many reliable virtual meeting providers available. Here at Executech, we use Microsoft Teams and recommend the product to our clients for its powerful meeting functions and one-stop-shop environment.
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is an ideal way to keep everyone who works at your company, as well as your partners and shareholders, in the loop and working in concert. Teams provides employees access to secure and private chat, file sharing, critical business apps, and video conferencing software perfect for virtual meetings. Microsoft Teams eliminates many of the hassles and time-sucking aspects of face-to-face meetings while still allowing them to be productive.
Whether you are having a 1-to-1 meeting or are hosting a webinar for hundreds of people, Microsoft Teams goes beyond many of the standalone online meeting solutions to give you the features that really matter to you. A few of these standout functions are easy scheduling, one-click joining, automated note-taking, extensive whiteboarding tools, along with the ability to upload files and share desktop screens. The best part is that Microsoft Teams is part of the Office 365 subscription you probably already use.
How Can Microsoft Teams Help to Make Your Next Meeting Better?
When it comes to hosting productive virtual meetings, you need a system that you can depend on no matter what. Microsoft Teams has you covered by:
- Offering a single platform accessible through desktop computers, mobile devices, and dedicated video conferencing systems. Whether your meeting attendees are at the office, in the field, or at home, accessing Microsoft Teams is a breeze. Everyone will be able to participate fully using one seamless and secure application.
- Securing your data. As part of the Office 365 suite of applications, Microsoft Teams reduces the security risk of transmitting your private data. Other products have had security issues, but Microsoft is dedicated to protecting your information.
- Making administration and maintenance a snap. Even if you have a dedicated in-house IT department, you want it to concentrate on running your business, not your video conferencing software. Setting up Microsoft Teams is intuitive, and if your employees ever run into problems, assistance is always available.
- Providing almost infinite scalability. Do you host a variety of meetings from small groups to large webinars? You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on dedicated video conferencing equipment. You also don’t have to use any smart monitor or computer-attached screen. Do you have a lot of new hires? They can immediately access Microsoft Teams meetings with their Office 365 account through their computer.
- Supporting post-meeting follow-ups. Since Microsoft Teams is part of Microsoft 365, your employees will have access to notes and files after the meeting. This accessibility makes it easy for your employees to work together and reduces the amount of time it takes to complete a project.
For a quality tool you need to host virtual meetings, the collaborative aspect you need for your employees to be productive, and a price point you can’t believe, Microsoft Teams is a comprehensive online meeting solution. Many companies have adopted Microsoft Teams to help facilitate their employees working from home, but the product is also extremely advantageous even when your staff is working in the office. If you want to try out Teams or set it up for an existing Microsoft 365 accounts, contact us today. We can help you get up and running in no time and experience the difference that Teams provides.
Join The Executech Newsletter And Get:
Critical Updates on Cyberattacks & Digital Threats
Breaking Tech News
Exclusive Business Tips
Expert Opinions & Insights